By Aurore Daumarie
This hair gelling page is a short reminder for parents who have prior experience in gelling their daughter’s hair.
- In a small container, mix 6 packages of Knox pwoder with 1/3 cup of lukewarm water, place lid on, and put in your slow cooker with a small amount of water at the bottom. Within approximately 15 minutes or so, your gel is ready! OR Place container of gel without lid in microwave and heat for 20 – 25 seconds; remove and gently stir.
- Stir until smooth, with no lumps. It should have a jam like texture. Add a small amount of water if needed and heat longer if necessary.
- As gel cools (slightly), wet swimmer’s hair and brush into a tight and high ponytail at the crown of the head. Please do not braid. Every swimmer needs to have the same exact type of bun.
- Twist it into a bun. Secure with U pins.
- For loose hair (bangs or short pieces that do not fit into the ponytail) you should use a comb and several bobby pins to secure these hairs.
- Apply gelatine to hair with a paint brush. Gel is difficult to get out of clothing and can be a little bit messy. Make sure you have a towel on your daughter’s shoulders.
- Gelatine needs about half an hour time to completely dry before entering the water. You can use a hair dryer on cool to speed the drying process.
- To get the gel out of the hair – in a shower use hot water and shampoo several times before conditioning.
Thank you to Olympium Synchro for above article