The Synatics Pre-Competitive program is designed for swimmers 7-9 years old who would like to try a competitive environment. Swimmers will train one day a week from late September to May, usually alongside our competitive teams. The Pre-Competitive program is a great way, but not mandatory, to get ready for the competitive stream!
If your athlete falls outside the age range please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What we offer:
As a Pre-Competitive swimmer, your child will be placed on a team with swimmers of similar age and experience. Pre-Competitive swimmers will develop fundamental skills in artistic swimming. In addition, they will develop a team routine that will be presented at both the Winter and Spring Water Shows.
NOTE: we need a minimum of 4 swimmers to create a team and try to keep age groups together where possible.
2019-2020 Season Dates:
Dates: Sundays. September 29 to May, 2020
Location: Millennium Place, Sherwood Park
Time: 5:00 to 7:30 pm
Omit Dates: October 13, November 10, December 22, December 29, February 2, February 16, March 1, March 22, March 29 and April 19
Watershows: December 15, March 15 and May (TBA)
Cost: $900 (includes Alberta Artistic Swimming Fee $30, Synatics Cap & Club T-shirt). Nose clips will be available to borrow during the season, and are also available to purchase from the club.
Mandatory Fundraising Commitment: $100 Swim the Dream Participation (Sponsored Swim-A-Thon).
Payment can be made in one lump sum, or 3 installments (Oct, Jan & April, or 8 monthly payments (Oct – May). This program is dependent on registration numbers & final pool bookings.
Requirements: All swimmers should be able to swim 25 meters front crawl, tread water, and feel comfortable in deep water.
Strathcona Synatics Athlete and Refund Policies:
- All programs are dependent on adequate registration. Any programs cancelled by Strathcona Synatics will be given a full refund.
- All swimmers must be registered and have paid the Alberta Artistic Swimming fee of $30 to be allowed in the pool
- All swimmers must agree to the applicable Strathcona Synatics waivers
- Program fees are based on the year/session; there are no refunds for practices missed by swimmers
- There is a $45 fee for NSF cheques
- No refunds given after Nov 30th
Click here to register online.